Mystery Writers of America Edgar Award Winners for 2012 were announced at the annual banquet in New York City.
Congratulations to the winners. To see the entire roster of nominees, click here.
- BEST NOVEL: Gone by Mo Hayder
- BEST FIRST NOVEL BY AN AMERICAN AUTHOR: Bent Road by Lori Roy
- BEST PAPERBACK ORIGINAL: The Company Man by Robert Jackson Bennett
- BEST FACT CRIME: Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard
- BEST CRITICAL/BIOGRAPHICAL: On Conan Doyle: Or, the Whole Art of Storytelling by Michael Dirda
- BEST SHORT STORY: “The Man Who Took His Hat Off to the Driver of the Train” – Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine by Peter Turnbull
- BEST JUVENILE: Icefall by Matthew J. Kirby
- BEST YOUNG ADULT: The Silence of Murder by Dandi Daley Mackall
- BEST PLAY: The Game’s Afoot by Ken Ludwig (Cleveland Playhouse, Cleveland, OH
- BEST TELEVISION EPISODE TELEPLAY:
“Pilot” – Homeland, Teleplay by Alex Gansa, Howard Gordon & Gideon Raff (Showtime)
- ROBERT L. FISH MEMORIAL AWARD: "A Good Man of Business" – Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine by David Ingram
- RAVEN AWARDS: M is for Mystery Bookstore, San Mateo, CA Molly Weston, Meritorious Mysteries
- ELLERY QUEEN AWARD: Joe Meyers of the Connecticut Post/Hearst Media News Group